In the run of Halloween my favourite holiday! I thought I'd write a quick list about things I have learned, from watching Horror Movies and TV shows.
1. If someone knocks at the front door, at night; Don't open the door!
2. If you hear a noise coming from the closet, attic, basement or the other room. Do not go and see what it is. RUN! the other way!
3. Ghosts or/and demons
Seek the help from the closest wise old Lady or the Priest, who always seems to be in the right at the right time (see Paranormal Activity 2, Drag me to hell, Mirrors, The hunting in Connecticuts, etc.)
- Do not have an exorcism!
- No ouija boreds.
- No seances.
- Do not make yourself the sacrifice.
4. Gore themed situations
It takes a lot to kill a person but only one of you in the group will make it out alive (See Hostel). Unless you are in final destination.
5. Zombies apocalypse
Surviving this depends on the type of zombies.
- If they are world war Z zombies - get yourself infected with something that won't kill you. These zombies are blind when comes to sick people. However, these are extremely fast and resourceful.
- More common zombies (e.g. Walking dead zombies), they are slow as hell so aim for the head. You can also mask yourself in their guts (gross!), as they will think you are one of them.
Get a hold of wolfsbane! It burns them like acid. In addition to silver! We all know the effects of silver on the supernatural beings.
Surviving these depends on the type.
- If they are the more common vampires, use vervain this burns them and thier powers may not work on you.
- Strigoi (mostly seen in the strain and movies like vampire academy), run like hell, pray to your God.
- All vampires do not like silver.
- Get a pet werewolf as they can deliver fatal bites to a vampire (on the more common vampires).
- Trusty ol'wooden stack straight through the heart.
I have not learnt much from alien themed horrors, but if there are aliens; HIDE! The army eventually save the day (see Independence Day, The mist, The day the world stood still, Coverfield, etc.).
9. Hill billies / Cannibals / Chainsaw welders / Serial killers / Strange communities
Be strong and pray to your God. You will get hurt but you might be able to escape if you do work out an escape plan. (See the wrong turn, We are what we are, Texas chainsaw massacre, Halloween, etc...)
These are more upsetting than scary. From the ones that I have seen, sometimes there's no hope (see The knowing). Other times it depends on the type of apocalypse:
- if it is a committ hitting earth, being with your loved ones and get on a ship to Africa (see 2012)
- if it is a nuclear war or reputure, get on a spaceship and go to space. OR hide underground (see The 100)
- If if is disease related (e.g I am Legend & 12 Monkeys) and you are immune, seek other immune people.
- Also, learn some survivoral skills from bear grylls.
Of course there are a whole lot more strange and not so wonderful things that could happen.